Monday 14 July 2008

Not been here a while


I've been neglecting my blog, but then I've not been up to much. I've started to make some really basic granny square blankets (for babies and/or pets), and with the left-overs I'm making some preemie baby items for the Caring Yorkshire Hands charity group on Ravelry.


My most favourite thing though recently is my crocheted karyotype. I've drawn up a pattern for all 24 (1-22, X and Y - in case you were wondering...) using the latest ISCN for G-banded chromosomes. I've decided to go for the 400 bands, even though they're not as pretty as the 550, but it was easier to work out the pattern for the first attempt. Although I'm also making a separate 550 banded 18 for my friend for a belated 40th birthday present (since 18 is her favourite). How geeky does all that sound???


I can smell food wafting up from downstairs. Jo came home from the allotment about 40mins ago and she'd bought with her a bountiful crop of food :) It's just a shame that we've got no courgettes this year, and this is our second year in a row where we've lost our tomatoes! There is nothing better than a home grown tomato!


No comments: